Through pictures of connection, he inserts cables into a module with pink case and only one plug, which is not smart box.
So, How to Locate Smart Box?
New Toyota smart box features:
1. A black case (some old types have a grey/ brown case)
2. Three plugs at least
3. Part number begins with “89990”
Then this customer locates right smart box and program keys successfully.
- Plugs on Xhorse XDBASK Adapter could be inserted into other modules
- Most smart boxes are behind glove box on passenger’s side, some are under dashboard on driver’s side
- Most smart boxes have black case, three plugs at least and part number beginning with “89990”
Hope this could help.